We are kicking of our 19th season of Trout in the Classroom. Every year more than 40 classrooms and 2500 students anxiously await the arrival of trout eggs to their classroom. As students watch the eggs hatch and develop into trout fry, they participate in hands-on science experiences. CCSE provides a science educator to work with teachers to introduce lessons and activities which support today's common core curriculum standards. Our program includes curriculum, training, materials and equipment, tank care support, permits, and endless resources.
Please consider sponsoring science education in our schools by bringing Trout into the Classroom. Here are some ways your donation can help.
Sponsor a Presentation....................................$100
CCSE Staff bring everything needed for an amazing hands-on activity. Your sponsorship will provide the materials and expertise needed to make a lasting impression on students in our programs. Presentations include topics such as Healthy Watersheds, Life Cycle of Trout and Salmon, Water Quality Monitoring using Technology, Macroinvertebrate Field Study, Water Cycle, and Trout Anatomy.
Your $100 sponsorship will provide:
- In-Class Presentation with a CCSE Science Educator
- The supplies needed for a hands-on presentation
- Cross-curricular lesson plans for teachers to use before and after the presentation
- Materials and supplies for use during all the lesson plans
Sponsor a Field Trip:........................................$500
Bringing science to our students is one thing, but taking our students to where science lives and breaths is another. Our staff and team of volunteers organize and host a day full of cross-curricular activities. Classrooms can visit a local lake or our Ecology Lab and Science Trails. Your sponsorship will provide the materials and expertise needed to make a lasting impression on students in our programs.
Your $500 Sponsorship will provide:
- CCSE Science Educator led hikes, activities, games and more at a location of their choice
- Lesson plans for cross-curricular activities before and after the field trip
- Materials for use during all the lesson plans
- Trout Journal/Field Books for use during and after field trips
Bring Trout in a Classroom..............................$1000
Help get Trout in the Classroom. Your sponsorship will provide the materials and expertise needed to bring an incubator aquarium into a classroom. This include teacher training, permits, eggs, equipment, curriculum, support and more.
Your $1000 Sponsorships provides:
- 3 In-Class presentations
- 1 Field Trip
- One batch of trout eggs
- Egg delivery
- Curriculum and tank care training
- Curriculum Binder and access to exclusive online resources with hundreds of science lessons
- 3 months use of an incubator aquarium valued at more than $1200
- Replacement and maintenance supplies for the aquarium