Central Coast Salmon Enhancement envisions a future of healthy and thriving Central Coast watersheds for all. Come be a part of the team to make this happen.
CCSE is a 501(c)(3) organization committed to the restoration of local, iconic species in combination with environmental education for the public, especially young people.
We are currently seeking a part time Communications Intern. This unpaid position is mostly responsible for curating our social media accounts and writing/editing our E-newsletter and website blog. It is anticipated this position will average about 5-10 hours per week. College credit is available. This would be great experience for anyone wanting to pursue a career in social media or communications.
• Daily posts on our Facebook and Twitter pages, both curating content and posting CCSE’s own content from restoration projects, in-class education, field trips, events, workshops, etc.
• Develop newly started Instagram account
• Work with Executive Director to develop social media plan
• Help develop and edit stories for our quarterly E-newsletter
• Use email marketing website to distribute E-newsletter
• Edit and write regular blog posts for website
• Take pictures/video for social media posts and E-newsletter
• Report on weekly and monthly analytics
• Working proficiency with Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram on both a desktop and cell phone
• Understanding of photo composition to take pictures/video with a phone/camera
• Open communicator, self-starter, detail oriented, organized, quick learner, flexible schedule
• Interest in our mission and some understanding of environmental conservation, including today’s most pressing environmental issues
• Experience with email marketing websites, such as Vertical Response
• Understanding of social media analytics
• Experience with InDesign and video editing
For further info or to submit resume and cover letter, contact Chris at email@example.com